MIDWIFE – MIDWIFEDOULA – BREASTFEEDING COUNSELOR
I am a midwife, doula, breastfeeding instructor and the mother of six adorable and delightful children. As a midwife and person I consider myself as being open, empathetic and easily approachable. Promoting a natural perspective to birth and to life in general is close to my heart. I have gained personal experience from five different pregnancies, births, breastfeeding experiences and babies. I am passionate about birth, maternity and my work. I regard it a great honour, that as a midwife and a doula I am able to share in some of the most important, sensitive and unique moments that families experience. To me as a midwife and doula these moments feel always equally special.
I graduated from my midwifery studies in 2011. I have since gained varied experience from work with mothers and babies. I have worked in the birthing room, on the postpartum ward, in NICU, and in child health care.
I studied to be a doula in 2016, while I was on maternity leave with my third child. I felt that as a midwifedoula I could enhance my skills by providing more holistic and empathetic support to my clients. My firm ’The three hearts’ midwife’ was born in the beginning of 2017 – out of the passion that I have for this work that I do from my heart!
The three things that thrill my heart the most are pregnancy, birth and babies. Pregnancy begins a lifelong journey towards motherhood and parenthood. One may not even realise, in the beginning of it, how all-embracing and life changing the journey is. From both my own experience and experience gained through my work I know that pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period, have a great impact on the wellbeing of the mother, the baby and the whole family, with far reaching consequences into their future. We remember our births for the rest of our lives, if not all the details, then at least the kind of atmosphere and feeling that it leaves in our memories. A positive birth experience is an immense resource, that boosts our confidence and strengthens the bonding relationship with our babies, the relationship with our partners and our parenting.
”Krista was wonderful with me and my husband. She was always sweet and gave us all the support we needed and even more. It wouldn’t be the same without her. Wonderful professional and wonderful person! We highly recommend her!” Taysa (Espoo)
My aim as a midwife, doula and breastfeeding instructor is to offer each family I meet along the journey individual support and knowledge, and first of all empathetic presence for this sensitive and crucial period in their lives.
It has been lovely and rewarding to work alongside many families already. To be able to inspire trust for the birthing process, to instruct into the secrets of birth, to walk alongside the family on the journey towards parenting, to help with breastfeeding issues… With some the connection has lasted a moment, with others a long time and with some we have shared the journey already more than once.
”There are several reasons why I would recommend Krista for future parents. First of all, she takes the time: the time to meet you during the last weeks, the time to know you, understand what you might need, and explain also what will/might happen: she is a doula and also a midwife. Second, you have no idea how important it is to have someone with her expertise until you are there. The comfort, advice, even the company. And it’s great to have someone to call even before going to the hospital. Finally, and most important, Krista has many suggestions and solutions to try to make the mum as comfortable as possible, to take care of her: the hospital staff has limited time, Krista is there from beginning until the end. And as a bonus, in my personal case, to have someone who could speak Swedish or Finnish ”on my behalf” during some of the most stressful moments was just great. I strongly recommend to any parents-to-be to, at least, have one meeting with her and learn what she can do for you during such an important time.” Stefan (Loviisa)
If you get a feeling now, that I may be just the right help for You, please don’t hesitate to contact me and ask for more information! I am here for you <3
Krista – midwife, midwifedoula & breastfeeding counselor
I offer midwife- & doula services and breastfeeding counseling in Porvoo, Loviisa, Sipoo, Espoo, Vantaa and Helsinki.
- Private childbirth classes 220€ (4h)
- Birth preparation discussions 150€ (2h)
- Birth and postpartum Doula service (there are several packages that can be modified to suit your personal needs) 800€-1900€
- Breastfeeding counseling 150€ (2h)
- Renting service of Elle-TENS 45€ (5 weeks)
(Traveling expenses 0,53€/km from Porvoo)
Please don’t hesitate to contact me and ask for more information what comes to the different services. Click here!
- Fear of childbirth seminar 2023 (Suomen doulat & Aktiivinen synnytys)
- Public health nurse studies 2019- (Arcada)
- Birth without fear- inspiration lecture 2019 (Susanna Heli)
- Homebirth seminar 2019 (Suomen doulat & Aktiivinen synnytys)
- Body care during pregnancy and recovery 2019 (Tehy & Piritta Hagman)
- Refexology babymassage – workshop 2018 (Eeva Toivonen)
- Birhstory – a new more gentle interpretation -workshop 2018 (Alessandra Sarelin ja Anu Lampinen)
- Spinning Babies- workshop advanced 2018 (Jennifer Walker)
- Suomen doulat union board 2017-2018
- Aktiivinen synnytys local active in Porvoo 2017-2018
- Midwifery Today Conference 2017, Helsinki, (Trust, Intimacy and Love – The Chemistry of Connection)
- Waterbirth 2017 (Johanna Honkanen)
- Rebozocourse 2017 (Mirjam de Keijzerin ja Thea van Tuylin)
- Spinning Babies- workshop 2017 (Jennifer Walker)
- Doulatraining 2016 (Doulakka, Veera Gindonis)
- Mother of six (born 2012-2021)
- Midwife 2011 (Arcada)
- Nurse 2011(Arcada)
- Breastfeeding counselor 2010 (World Health Organization)